Thursday, August 28, 2014

Avocado & Cucumber Chicken Salad

Avocado  & Cucumber Chicken Salad

I am a fan of a great tasty chicken salad, however when my cholesterol was rising I really tried to stay away from dairy as much as I could. I was looking for some new ideas on how to still make this taste great ! Whaaalllaa ! I came across Avocados.. Where have they been all my life, I just realized about a year ago that I Love these puppies.. I could eat them every day !! BONUS is that they are sooo good for you !! 

So here is my version of Chicken Salad. I use left over chicken breast and make enough for a few days. I swap out mayo and add avocado then I throw in the cucumber so that I sneak in a serving of veggies !! Mix it all up together and it is DELICIOUS !! 


Makes 2 Servings

INGREDIENTS:

2 - Cooked Chicken Breast
1 - Avocado
1 - Cucumber 
1 - Whole Wheat wrap (per serving)
1- Lemon

**Onion or Celery can be added as optional as well 

SEASONING - these can be added based on your liking

  • Pinch of Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • Garlic Powder
  • A bit of Guacamole seasoning (optional)
INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Dice up your chicken into small chunks
  • Dice up the cucumber
  • Mash up the Avocado
  • Mix together
  • Add the seasonings and squeeze in the juice of one lemon.
  • Add half the mixture to a whole what pita or tortilla. 

Save the rest of the mixture for tomorrow ! 






No comments:

Post a Comment