Sunday, August 24, 2014

Chicken Fingers


Healthy Chicken Fingers !! Kid approved ! 

I'm always looking for new recipes for my family. Kids especially !! They can be such picky eaters sometimes. I love when I find a classic like chicken fingers that with some simple modifications can be made much healthier !! The best part is that every time I make these, there are no complaints ! They gobble them up !! 



Ingredients:
  • 2 packages Chicken Tenders ( approx 18 pieces)
  • Ezekiel Bread - 6 slices
  • 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
  • Garlic powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Egg whites

Directions:
Toast whole grain bread, break up into pieces and put in the food processor.  Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, and any other spices that you like.   Process until fine.
Cut up chicken breast into strips.  Beat 4 egg whites, dip chicken in egg and then bread mixture.  
Bake on 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cooked through.  


Options to Serve with : 

Home made fries I cut up potatoes (sweet potato for me) length wise into steak fry strips.  Then, put in a large ziplok bag.  Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Season Salt.  Shake with bag closed then lay on a baking sheet and cook until crispy or for 25 minutes.


Source: Melanie Mitro

No comments:

Post a Comment