Thursday, April 2, 2015

Black Bean and Avocado Brownies

So this is very close to another recipe that I have already posted on my blog, however I am a sucker for trying new sweet treats, especially if it is CHOCOLATE !! I know that I say this over and over but it is really true, It is all about modification.  I would not ever have had the success that I have if it wasn't for recipes like these that allowed me to have those sweet treats that I love. There are certain things that I just was not willing to give up for the rest of my life and I don't have to.  My kids are trying these recipes out and realizing that they are liking them as well. 




Ingredients:

  • 1 - 15 oz Can of Black Beans (rinsed)
  • 3 - Eggs (1 whole, 2 egg whites)
  • 1/2 large extra ripe avocado
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 2/3 cup chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup organic sugar (alternate: honey or pure maple syrup)
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate) -- Plus a few for topping


Directions: 

  1. Bake at 350 degrees,  You can use a cupcake pan or an 8x8 dish.  Grease the pan.
  2. Mix everything except the chocolate chips in a blender/food processor. 
  3. Fold in Chocolate chips.
  4. Add some extra chocolate chips on top once in the pan. 
  5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until no longer gooey. 


Makes 12 Brownie Bites - 
138 calories, 4.5 fat, 16.2 carbs, 4 protein

Recipe shared by @kayla_2010



No comments:

Post a Comment