Thursday, October 16, 2014

UnStuffed Cabbage Rolls

UnStuffed Cabbage Rolls


 I am polish and I love stuffed cabbage. Me and my girlfriends like to get together and make big batches and them freeze them. If you have ever made them you know that boiling of the cabbage can be a real pain in the rear. A friend posted this in one of my groups and so I gave it a try!! Holy Cow - same awesome taste and SO VERY EASY to make !! Family loved it !! 





Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef/turkey or venison 
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small cabbage, chopped
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes  (low sodium or no salt added)
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce (no sodium or no salt added)
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt

Preparation:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.

Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.

Yield: Serves 6 to 8


ENJOY!!!!!

If I were classifying this for the 21 day fix I would call it 1 red container and 1 Green container!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment