Saturday, October 4, 2014

Sweet Afternoon Treat!!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip with Pecan Cookies


I just love to have my sweets and I'm just not about giving them up. Yes I had to make some modifications, I can't sit down and eat a sleeve of oreo's in one sitting but boy do I wish that I could some days.. So I have found some great recipes that allow me to still have that SWEET TREAT !! I don't feel deprived because I am still satisfying my sweet tooth just in a modified way !! 

Just whipped these up on a cold and rainy afternoon !! These are going to be a perfect snack for tonights football game !! 


Makes 8 servings, 2 cookies each

Ingredients:
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
1/4 cup chopped raw pecans, toasted

1. preheat oven to 350 F
2. Combine oats, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Mix well
3 Add applesauce, choc chips and nuts; mix well
4. Drop by tsp on on to prepared cookie sheet, flatten with back of spoon
5. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes until firm

 Source; 21 day fix -- 1 yellow container

No comments:

Post a Comment