Monday, February 23, 2015

21 Day Fix EXTREME Testimonial - Week One

I have done the 21 day fix workout programs and was following the meal plans -- well NOT exactly

So the Holiday's really took a toll on me. Yes I worked out consistently BUT -- my picking and snacking was really getting out of control and I was noticing that it was affecting me. I was starting to really feel icky. 

Fast Forward to last week !!  I made a decision to really commit to my nutrition and the 21 Day Fix Extreme was just the program to do it. 

This program focuses on dialed in nutrition. NO CHEATS !! If I want the results that I am after this nutrition plan will set me up for success. 

WEEK ONE UNDER MY BELT

There are 3 Meal Plan Options: Which one to Choose?? 

  • Extreme Plan
  • Countdownn to Competition Plan 
  • Combo Extreme/Competition Plan

I decided that if i am going to do this, I'm going all in - Countdown to Competition Plan all the way. I want the EXTREME Challenge and I am looking to see how shredded I can get.

So what does it enatail? 
Sitting down on a sunday and doing some prep work. You use the color coded containers to plan out your meals for the week. It is super simple, no counting calories, just aligning the correct amount of containers per day. The containers tell you what food to put in each and you decide the timing and the order of how you eat.  It really doesnt get any easier than that. 

With Nutrition being my biggest challenge how did I do?
Day 1 - Competition Plan -- it was good - it was day 1 I was super pumped and mentally prepared

Day 2 - Competion Plan - Today I struggled I was waiting to long in between meals and fouund that by the afternoon I was feeling hungry.

Day 3 - Extreme Plan - I was excited to try some new recipes - Cashew N Oat Hotcakes and Mini Veggie and Egg Cups. ** I survived a day out with the kids Bowling, Pizza and the Movies (no cheats) 

Day 4 - Competition Plan - I am getting the hang of it - I like to have a snack at night so I moved my meal plan around a bit - saved my Shakology for night time. Made it into IceCream.

Day 5 - Celebrated my son's bday with family and did awesome until for some reason - My hand reached into the bowl of wheat thins and dipped into the cream cheese and tomato dip. Yes I had a handful. 

Day 6 - Extreme Plan - Back on track and followed my plan 

Day 7 - Competition Plan - This is really getting easy, no more cravings

One thing that I am sure helped was the water that I was drinking - this helps curb cravings and kept me full. I was getting down a gallon a day !! 


What were the workouts like?
There are 7 workouts - 30 minutes a day - of course its not to say that they werent challenging. Yes I was sore for the week. No pain no gain !! I used a light set of weights 5 pounds and I ranged from 10 - 15 for the heavy weights. Some of the lower body exercises I went HEAVY ! You also need a resistance band. I had one from another program but I think that it was wasy to heavy.. I couldnt stretch it out far enought and had to modify some of the exercises. No problem !! Off to pick up one from Target -- it is recommended to have a resistance band of 15 pounds. 







I loved the workouts - they are a combination of steady state aerobics, resistance training and power moves. 

Favorite Workout was Dirty 30 
Least Favorite was Pilates (I think that may have been due to the wrong bands) 


This week I want to get a little more creative with my meal plan - I stayed pretty basic the first week to get familiar with the new meal plan.  I plan on Crushing my goals this week!! 




















So What were my results from Week ONE!

I lost 5 pounds !! (and even had that one little cheat)
I cant believe how great I feel ! (that whole nutrtion thing really is the key) 
I have lost that stomach bloat feeling

I can only image what the next 2 weeks are going to bring !! I am excited to find out !

Are you interested in starting to work on your FITNESS + NUTRITION ? 
Fill out the form below and lets get you engaged in a group. I promise that if you follow the plan you to can achieve the results that you are looking for!! 

Fill out my online form.
Online contact and registration forms from Wufoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment