Sunday, February 8, 2015

Carmel PopCorn

 I was inspired to find a Clean Version, after a friend of mine made some homeade carmel popcorn this weekend and shared it with me. While I ate the entire baggie that she gave me and enjoyed every last morsel, i decided that it was time to do my research and make some modifications. I really do love carmel corn and have just tried to stay away from it. But I found and taste tested a recipe that will allow me to have that special treat on occasion and without the guilt! 



Makes 8 cups popped corn (2 servings)

INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided ( 2 tablespoons if using allready popped pop corn)
1/2 cup popcorn kernels
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Place 1 tablespoon coconut oil into deep pot or pan with tight fitting lid and melt over medium high heat. Add in popcorn kernels and cover. Shake pan back and forth every 20 seconds or so to heat kernels evenly. After about 2 minutes, kernels should start to pop. Once popping slows, remove popcorn from heat and pour into large bowl.
**Alternate method : I use Skinny Pop (already popped)
In a small saucepan, place remaining coconut (if using allready popped pocorn you will only need 2 tbsp)  oil with maple syrup and salt. Boil 2 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat evenly. Spread out onto some parchment paper to cool 30 minutes or so. Serve.

Source: http://www.laurenslatest.com/healthy-caramel-corn/

No comments:

Post a Comment