Sunday, September 28, 2014

21 Day Fix - Week One Under My Belt !!

21 Day Fix Week 1 Under My Belt !

All right, I did it !! Week one of the 21 day fix is complete !! 7 days down (2 lbs)  & 14 more days to go ! 



What was it like? 

PORTIONS
 I started clean eating back last August and I have come a long way. I have had great success with it so far. I found that my portions for certain foods were off. I was overeating my complex carbs ( sweet potatoes, brown rice oatmeal) and good fats (nuts & avocado) and I was under eating in the veggie department.




CONTAINERS
The containers are really misleading!  I initially thought that I only got one of each container per day at first glance. Then I proceeded to ACTUALLY read the booklet to find out that there is a formula that is calculated that determines how many of each container that you are allowed per day. You definitely will not STARVE !! There is plenty of food that you can eat and you will be pleasantly surprised at home much really fits in the containers. Once you fill them up and dump onto your plate there is plenty there !!

30 MINUTE WORKOUTS
 So many people are skeptical that results can be achieved in 30 minute workouts. I  will share with you that since I starting last August, all of the program that I have done have been on average 30 minutes.. WOW this 30 minutes a day this week has left my body aching , i have been sore all week !! I have been working out consistently for a year now and that doesn’t matter !! This one is EFFECTIVE !! I truly LOVED all the workouts  — well OK Cardio fix is probably my least favorite and not because its not a good workout, I am just more of a weights kinda girl and have never been huge on the full on cardio workouts. They are all very challenging and you get a full body workout with each one with the focus on a specific body part. 






HUNGRY OR NOT?  
With anything that you start new there will be some adjustments. I was a bit hungry the first few days, some days it may have been because I was busy at work and waited to long in between my meals. It only took a few days and my body adjusted and it feels good.  The first week I really had to follow the sheet and the booklet pretty close to make sure that I was getting all the right foods and servings of each but it gets easier and becomes more  part of your routine as the days go on.

THE WEEKEND 
Ok so like many of you the weekends can be a tough time. So many things going on, and we tend to tell ourselves that it is just one day, which turns into 2 and then ok we will just start again on monday. STOP right there. You can’t let the weekends get the best of you anymore.  So I gave in to some Pirates Booty White Cheddar popcorn at Noah’s football game on Saturday night. BUT I limited myself to a few handfuls and on the ride home when everyone stopped for FROSTY’s from Wendy’s I turned it down. It knew that I already had a cheat with the popcorn and I couldn’t let the rest of the evening turn into a complete bust. S**T HAPPENS !! 

WEEK’S UP - HOW DO I FEEL? 
I feel good, I can tell when I wake up each morning I am feeling less bloated. This can be a trouble area for me. I will start tomorrow officially with my challengers. I can’t wait to see what the next “OFFICIAL” 21 days brings. I am excited to see the changes that it will bring to my body, however I truly believe that the meal planning portion of this program is the golden ticket !! There is no calorie counting just filling up the containers with the foods that I like, with the secrecy sauce being the correct amount!! NO MORE OVEREATING !! even on healthy foods !! 

I like to plan and Prep on Sunday’s. This gets me all set up for the week ahead and helps prevent me from slipping up during the week. 






Let me know if you are ready to start your 21 Days !

No comments:

Post a Comment