Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Donut Holes - Cleaned Up !

Ricotta Balls - (Italian Donut Holes) - CLEANED UP 


So with Fall and Football season upon us I have been on the hunt for some cleaner donuts. Every week on our way to Football Noah asks to stop at Tim Hortons for some TimBits !! This has become the pre/post game ritual!! It kills me to not grab one or four !! Therefore I needed to find something that I can eat and not feel guilty about eating it and knowing that it was a better choice.. A friend of mine shared this recipe with me for Italian Donut Holes!! I did make a few modificaitons to clean it up just a bit more.. 

I don't think that I really need to  GIVE UP ANYTHING. I have just made modifying a big part of my life !! 




Ingredients:
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 T Honey
2 tsp Baking Powder

1 cup Ricotta Cheese
1 egg
3 T Almond Milk

Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Then combine. 
Roll into SMALL balls. 
Drop into coconut oil in a frying pan until golden brown. (dont keep heat on to high, slow cooking is fine)

Roll into cinnamon and sugar

YUMMY !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment