Thursday, November 20, 2014

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

Who doesn't LOVE Pumpkin Pie for thanksgiving? Well my FAMILY DOES - every year I am in charge of dessert (thats my thing) 's when I started to change my ways to Cleaner Eating I had to rethink my recipe. It was actually SIMPLE !! All I did was swap out 2 ingredients and the family never even new.. NOW THEY WILL if they read this Blog post LOL !!! Same great taste just a little better for you! 



So I actually came across this recipe because of the pie plate that I have.. I didn't want to try and get a crust to fit that shape and I thought that the pie plate was super cool  - Hence the CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PI!! Funny how that works sometimes !! Now the family asks for it every year.


Ingredients:

  • 16 oz pumpkin - canned
  • 8 oz Almond Milk ( I used vanilla)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 egg whites
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs


Optional: Top with Cool Whip


Directions: 
Combine Pumpkin, milk, eggs, and egg whites; beat until well blended. Mix in honey and spices, blending well. Stir in crumbs. Spray high sided 9" pie pan. Pour filling into pie pan. Bake at 325 for 40-55 minutes until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Refrigerate over night. Serve with cool whip

No comments:

Post a Comment