Sunday, November 16, 2014

Holiday Survival Guide

The Holidays are fast approaching. They are going to be here before we know it. How are you going to handle all the extra temptations this year? 
The way I look at it you have 2 choices: 
1. Do Nothing about it and be uncomfortable, bloated and guilty for eating to much. And continue to tell yourself that you will just start at the beginning of the year.
2. Make a conscious effort to make some changes that will leaving you feeling good about yourself and may even help you drop a few pounds along the way. 
I know that this can be much easier said than done. This is my hardest time of the year as I LOVE to BAKE and I LOVE all the sweets and treats that the Holidays bring. But lets make a deal this year, I want you to focus on one day at a time, one meal at a time. 
Your going to be tested and more than once.. There will be holiday parties, that are flowing with amazing spreads of food and delicious cocktails. It is the season of giving so, everyone will be exchanging chocolates and Cookies. 
Stop me here if this is not what you have ever experienced. :) 
On average, most people will put on 5-10 lbs over the holidays, and I admit in the past I have been guilty as charged. The stresses of the holidays alone can be a big part of the binging and overeating. 
Well who's up for a change ??  I want to share my tips with you so that WE can stay ACCOUNTABLE this holiday season. Yes I said WE -- I to need reminding and I need to set goals for myself to stay on track. ( I can be easily distracted by a tray of Cookies) The key is to learn to stay on track and enjoy meals but to NOT OVER DO it. 

November/December health and fitness goals:
  1. Lose 5 pounds. This is my big goal! I am currently doing T25 until  the new MAX 30 workout comes out in the beginning of December. I am super excited to really push myself and want to follow it exactly. 
  2. Workout 6 days/week! I know that I personally need to be active to reach my goal of losing 5 pounds and working out sets my tone for the day. 
  3. Drink one gallon of water every day! I have a Gallon jug that I have been taking with me everywhere and by seeing that in front of me it really gives me that reminder to keep filling up. This helps keep me full so that I don't reach for something else.
  4. Watch my Carb intake - This is the area that I struggle so I am making an effort when I am meal planning to don't sneak any extras in this category. I will reach for a fruit, veggie or protein snack instead. 
  5. Hydrate with my alcohol intake. I'm not going to lie here, I am not going to give it up. I truly enjoy having a night with some wine or a Vodka & LaCroix water but I will make sure that I am upping my water intake to keep myself hydrated, ** Make sure to drink a full glass of water for each alcoholic drink ** Try and stay away from all the heavy liquors like baileys and kahlua etc. I know that there are some tasty recipes to try but this year take a different approach. Try something lower in calories. 
  6. Drink my Shakeology before a party  - When you know that you are going to be tempted by things that may interrupt your progress, take some steps ahead of time to set yourself up for Success. This year my goal is to prepare a Shakeology and drink it on my way to a Holiday Party. This will allow me to be full not hungry when I arrive and therefore I will not be tempted to graze over the food tables. 
  7. Prepare a Healthy Dish to bring - when I am bringing a dish, I always make something that I know I can eat. That way when I am ready to snack on something I know that it is a better choice for me.
  8. Get some REST - with all the extra activity going on I tend to forgo sleep. Well when I do this to much, i end up hitting a wall. I don't want that to happen this year so I am going to do some better planning with may activities, so that I can get the sleep that I need each night. I know that is is equally important to keeping me healthy and sane!!  
I am determined to make this my healthiest holiday season ever. I am going to have more energy, and life to devote to my family and friends and really focus on all of the things I have to be thankful for!
What are your health and fitness goals for this month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment