Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Mancake Pancake

Why they are called MANCAKES?? Beats me - Im just sharing the recipe that was shared with me by a few fellow coaches.. They were raving about these so of course I had to try them out myself.




So I really like pancakes. I love being able to make these on the weekends, it feels like a special treat !!! And what's even better is that it not a cheat or a treat, it fits in perfect to the 21 day fix meal plan, and as part of my healthy eating.  I DO NOT DEPRIVE myself of the foods that I love - I just learn how to modify them so that they are minus all the processed, garbage.. I like to know what I'm putting in my body. 


21 Day Fix Approved
1 - Yellow, 1 Red, 1- Purple 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup oatmeal 
  • 4 Egg whites + 1 whole egg or 2 whole eggs
  • 1  apple (honey crisp are my FAV) 
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Directions:
  • Preheat pan to medium heat.
  • Combine the Egg/Egg whites, oats, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl. (alternate option - place ingredients in a blender if you like a smoother, more pancake-like consistency.  Stir or pulse a few times to combine.
  • Add fruit (you can do apples, berries, banana)...fold it into the mixture  
  • Pour into small frying pan, cooking each side about 2 minutes or until you see the edges forming. Flip one time...eat and enjoy! (Alternate - use a griddle and make multiple small pancakes or one big one - I find that the griddle method is a bit easier to flip)

Optional Add Ins:  Berries, banana, pumpkin, nuts...whatever you like!! Just remember to add the appropriate colored container!)

*******
If your looking to get in a daily serving of veggies - Add a cup of spinach to the mix and blend well.. Dont let the green color freak you out  -- You cant even taste it ! 






















Source: Thanks Julie Brower for the awesome recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment